Before visiting Upstate New York, my only impression of Lake Placid was that creepy "Lake Placid" movie with the alligators. However, after experiencing Lake Placid in person, I learned that it isn't creepy at all. It's actually really beautiful.
Lake Placid is a very serene and beautiful lake to visit. The lake is surrounded by trees and there are actually many homes that are located on the lake shore. In the summer, the lake is full of people on kayaks, canoes and paddle boards. It is a very popular spot and I can see why.
If you visit Lake Placid, I highly recommend taking one of their boat tours. We toured the lake on a large pontoon style boat that took us all over the lake to see all of the beautiful sights. The view of the lake was breathtaking, really one of a kind. The boat captain was very entertaining and told us about the million dollar homes people owned on the lake. These homes are only accesible by boat, which makes them even more alluring to the public.
In addition to the actual lake, there are many things to do in the town of Lake Placid. Lake Placid is known for their winter snow sports and have hosted the Olympics in the past.
My other favorite part of my visit was the shopping! In Lake Placid, surrounding Mirror Lake, there are tons of cute shops and restaurants to explore. There are shops selling unique jewelry, apparel, athletic gear, coffee and more. Some notable cute stores are Critters, The Maple Shop and the Adirondack Popcorn Company.
After our day of shopping, we stopped for a coffee at Starbucks and ended up having dinner at the Pickled Pig on Main Street. The Pickled Pig was a laid back restaurant, with indoor and outdoor seating. The food was good, the vibes were good, I would go back.
Overall, I would highly recommend visiting the Lake Placid area if you are visting in Upstate New York. I'm looking forward to seeing it again someday.





Comments
Post a Comment